Star Shadow Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Shadow Universe

Star Shadow, the open ended role playing universe

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Sheet
Character Name: Administrator of the Universe
Species:
Classes: Ascended Being

Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel) Empty
PostSubject: Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel)   Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth

5 years after the Nietzschean Rebellion
Aboard the Andromeda Ascendant

"Lieutenant Commanders Personal Log: I still have nightmare's about the day Dylan died. The Doc seems to think that by committing them to record I might one day rid myself of them. So here goes; It was the day prior to the 'Rebellion', the Andromeda was on patrol. Captain Hunt had ordered us to investigate a gravitational anomaly. As we approached the coordinates the ship's power faltered and we lost our AI. With the Andromeda adrift and ebbing towards the birthing black hole Dylan ordered all non-essential personnel off-ship, via the landers. As the ship was evacuated I made my way down to engineering to see if there was anyway I could help.

Entering engineering I was greeted by a grizzly site, our Chief engineer lie dead, plasma burns evident on his uniform. I fumbled for the comm-system to inform the Captain, but as I reached for the switch I saw it; Telemachus Rhade our executive officer's force lance lie damaged on the deck. I was baffled for a brief moment then I remember bumping into Rhade on my way down here he was headed for the bridge. I began to dart out of Engineering when I saw the cause of our distress, the ship's AI had been removed from it's housing. Quickly I shoved the unit into it base and began it's power up cycle. Rushing out of engineering I raced to the bridge as the ships systems powered up. I could hear yelling, and plasma fire I pushed further on my lungs burning rounding a corner I saw Rhade he was pinned down by the Captain. I crept in behind him trying to get the drop on him. I'll save you the gory details somehow Rhade heard me coming and overpowered me. "Dylan!" he cried. "Give up or Nathan will die!" bile rose in my throat as fear took hold, a plasma pistol was buried in my neck. "All right, Rhade! I'm coming out." Dylan responded as he causously stepped from behind a pillar. "Drop the Lance Dylan!" Rhade ordered. Dylan smiled at me as Rhade turned the pistol on him. "Drop the Lance NOW!" Rhade bellowed. Dylan dropped his lance to the deck. Rhade's glance followed it to the deck, I felt his grasp loosen just a bit, I shoved my elbow back into his chest and dived to the side. Dylan went for his lance and brought it in line as Rhade recovered, in a near instant, both men whom I served with for years fired, neither erred in the aim as both slumped to the deck dead. In a state of shock I didn't even realize it as Rommie called out to me, "Nathan! Nathan! we have to get underway now or we will get captured by the gravity well of the blackhole!" I managed to stumble my way to the controls and fumble my way through the slipstream as we escaped.

The following day the Nietzschean revolted, decimating most of the High guard fleet. Just barely we won that battle. Then the Magog came....the murderous bastards killing and eating our friends and impregnating there seed in our captured comrades to host their young. The Slipstream to the capitol collapsed rendering the remnants of the fleet scattered and without a solid leader. I happened upon a High Guard outpost Commanded by Admiral Logan Dole, he tasked me with finding the rest of the remnants of the fleet, and supplied me with a crew for the Andromeda. Two weeks after departing the outpost, it was bombed to hell by the Nietzschean. Nearly a month later the Nietzschean Alliance turned on itself and began their infighting. We've been stranded without a home, as far as I can tell we are one of the last High guard ships surviving today. I've had enough running, Garrus said he heard of a place where some High Guard may be holed up. We are en route there now. End log.

Nathan sat back and rubbed his face, How long has it been since I slept? Nathan stood and straightened his uniform, and departed for the bridge.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://starshadowrp.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Species:

PostSubject: Re: Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel)   Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Bridge

Nathan walked onto the bridge of the Andromeda, "Good morning, Commander!" called Rommie, the ships A.I. Avatar. Nathan nodded to acknowledge Rommie. Turning to Conner Reid the ships XO Nathan asked wryly, "So, Conner. Where is this base your heard about located?" Conner adjusted himself in his seat, " It's supposedly located on the Planet Mer Sara in the Prince system. I was just waiting for you so we can go to slip." Nathan nodded his assent and Conner called over the ship wide comm, "Going to slipstream."

The Andromeda pulls out of orbit of the unaligned Starbase it had been berthed at. Heading towards the edge of the system a tear into Slip-space, the Andromeda enters and the tear closes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Species:

PostSubject: Re: Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel)   Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Aboard the Andromeda
In low orbit over Mer Sara

"Conner, scan the surface for me let me know if you get anything interesting." Nathan ordered. Conner tapped away at the sensor controls and began scanning the planets surface. "Rommie, scan your data banks and see if there is any reference to the planet Mer Sara in your records." "Yes sir," Replied the AI.

Nathan walked over to the supply locker and grabbed a freshly charge force lance, he had a feeling this was going to be a eventful day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Species:

currently in low orbit of Mer Sara

"Nathan, there is too much interference with the sensors, I can't read anything on the surface of the planet." Conner called out. Nathan sighed and stretched, "Well then I suppose someone ought to fly a recon run over the planet. Keep an open channel to my fighter would you Conner?" Kestrel said as he left the bridge.

Moments later Kestrel lowered himself into the cockpit of his personal fighter, "Heavy to the Bridge, requesting permission to launch." Nathan said as he key'd his comm-system. After a slight pause Conner's voice flooded the cockpit, "Heavy, this is the Bridge you are cleared for launch, try not to hit the door on your way out sir." Kestrel powered up his engines and maneuvered the craft towards the hanger launch tube. A green light flashed on the tube indicating it was clear, Nathan slammed the throttle full forward and rocketed out of the hanger. Clearing the hanger Kestrel put the fighter into a tight series of loops, It's so nice to be flying again. Kestrel thought to himself. Angling the fighter towards the planet Kestrel called to the Andromeda, "Heading towards the planet, scanners on full, will relay any information to the Andromeda." There was a quick double-click a near silent confirmation of the transmission.

The fighter dove into the rolling clouds of Mer Sara, harsh winds buffeted the craft, making it near impossible to keep it level. The scanners worked silently scanning as far as they could. Nathan watched the screen as closely as possible. A very faint sensor contact revealed itself as Nathan neared the planets northern forested region. Nathan was nearly on top of the contact when an alarming transmission reached his ears, "Heavy, this is Conner *static* under attack. I repeat we are *static* attack. Do you read?" Nathan Keyed his comm, "Andromeda, this is Heavy I copy, you are under attack, I am returning to the ship!"

"Negative, Heavy. We have a heavy enemy fighter presence. Do not return to the ship!" Nathan cursed under his breath and aimed the fighter towards his sensor contact for the Andromeda. Burning for high orbit, multiple hostile targets began to appear on his display. Nathan key'd his comm, "Andromeda, this is Heavy, I'm moving to your location, you will need to thin the enemies numbers, Open all missile tubes and fire at will, damn the the remaining ordinance, kill those marauders!" Nathan watched with a mixture of awe and terror as the Andromeda opened up with all batteries, in an instant numerous enemy contacts winked out of existence. New sensor contacts, missiles! A barrage had been launch by the enemy fighters, missiles streaked out at the andromeda puncturing her shield and blossoming fire along her flank. Another contact revealed itself on the sensors, Great! Now what? No wait?! That cant be right! Highguard identifiers were being broadcast by the new arrivals. A voice came across the system-wide channel, a voice that sounded somewhat familiar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel)   Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Falls on the All Systems Commonwealth (Written by Kestrel)
Page 1 of 1