Star Shadow Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Shadow Universe

Star Shadow, the open ended role playing universe

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Preindustrial Age

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Sheet
Character Name: Administrator of the Universe
Species:
Classes: Ascended Being

The Preindustrial Age Empty
PostSubject: The Preindustrial Age   The Preindustrial Age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:23 pm

The most common and stable states, with limited weaponry and environmental threats. Societies tend to be small and scattered, driven by subsistence farming, foraging, or hunter-gathering needs. Technology is limited to simple tools, weapons, or agrarian implements and methods, but a basic understanding of planetary and solar mechanics is not uncommon.

* Limited production (i.e. artisanship vs. mass production)
* Primarily had an agricultural economy
* Limited division of labor- i.e. Capitalism needs a vast amount of specialized knowledge and skills due to the complex nature of industrial production. In pre-industrial societies, production was relatively simple and, thus, the number of specialized crafts was limited.
* Limited variation of social classes
* Parochialism- Social theories hold that communications were limited between communities in pre-industrial societies. Few had a chance to see or hear beyond their own village. In contrast, industrial societies grew with the help of faster means of communication, having more information at hand about the world, allowing knowledge transfer and cultural diffusion between them.
* Pre-industrial societies developed largely in rural communities. Capitalism developed largely in urban areas.
Back to top Go down
https://starshadowrp.rpg-board.net

The Preindustrial Age
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Shadow Universe :: Technology Database :: Technological Advancement Tiers :: Tier 7-
Jump to: